Friday, January 15, 2010

Faternizing
Project 110 - Day Numero Two


Date: 1/15/10
Days Left: 60
Weight: 120 lbs
Goal: 110 lbs
Loss: Nada
Mood: innocuous

My dinner with the girls didn't go so well. I was pretty much ambushed from the get go. De La Rosa, new restaurant in the Marina, only accepted reservations 45 minutes out, Sofia fellow Virgo is best known for her organizational skills and punctuality, was held -unintentionally- back by yours truly. I told her I'd be there by 7:15pm. Interpretation that's the time I left the house. I tragically raced my way to lower Pacific Heights, hoping to salvage loss time. "My late ass is outside," I sent a text to Sofia from her driveway.

"Don't worry girl, Aussie is at Walgreens with her new babysitter. and De La Rosa accepts reservations 45 minutes out so we're on the books." Suddenly, my anxiety was set to rest except for the fact that finding public parking in the Marina was like a needle in a haystack. It was just my luck that the Benz R350 is a luxurious living room on wheels or as my girlfriends call it "the Super Shuttle," squeezing into a compact parking spot would be ultra convenient.

The restaurant was a slew of blondes and their conspicuous designer bags, riding boots, pencil jeans, cashmere sweater. The Marina was the sweet slice of San Francisco where the women wore the usual trite bling and the men followed suit. As a thirty something, I was more tolerable of the the Marina district sort. Needless to say, I didn't break out in a head-to-toe rash. As a brunette, it felt powerful to be sitting amongst an ordinary slew. Our name was down on the list, so the general manager for a knack for organization, played us like a game of chess, "hi ladies, I have a group I'm moving from the bar to the tables, so please follow me," He dropped us off at the bar. I was hoping to eat dinner before nine o'clock, now seemed like a harebrained idea. In the core of my will power to lose ten pounds, I started the late evening with a traditional Manhattan. According to the Daily Plate, one glass of a traditional Manhattan is 130 calories. It was Friday night, I threw caution to wind and enjoyed my bourbon, bitters, and vermouth.

Earlier that day, I made the effort to go to Libby's Turbo kick box class. I thought it would be the perfect end to a perfect week of objectives and goals. My quads thanked me. My hamstrings thanked me. My arms and shoulders thanked me. I gave my hundred percent back push, front push, bringing my guard with me, following up with hooks, jabs, and double jabs. I was a sweating animal that had to return to the office after a delicious workout, but returning to the office after busting out to LL Cool J's "Momma Said Knock You Out" made it an end to a perfect week.


The bill split between the three of us, broke down to twenty seven dollars a piece. The bill was a steal, but didn't equate to the delicious dining affair. The fat doesn't stop there, we ordered two desserts to finish the wonderful meal. I had a few bites of each dish on top of two slices of the pizza. Sinful. Awful. Tragically delicious. Did I cash out on my work out today? I love food. Maybe that's my problem.

This is Shellie, "driving in the fat lane" back to you Bob at the studio!


Breakfast:
-cup of coffee (1t brown sugar / splash half and half)
-a slice of Orowheat

Lunch:
-3 spears of steamed asparagus
-2 oz of roasted eggplant
-3 pieces of pineapple
-3 strawberries
-3 oz roasted chicken breast

Dinner: Calorie Count Indefinite
-Manhattan 130 Calories
-1 glass of Pinot Griggio
-Eggplant Caponatina w/burrata
-Carpaccio of gold and red beets
-Meatballs n marinara
-Proscuitto di Parma w/Arugula, Mozarella pizza
-Bombolini
-Coppa Mela: vanilla gelato, scoop of apple pie, creme anglaise, spiced caramel topped w/bourbon

7 comments:

  1. Freitas Alex1/17/2010

    Dinner $27-that's a lot of food-you should always enjoy yourself and that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/19/2010

    de la rosa must try out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Wade1/19/2010

    as long as you didnt finish everything on your plate for dinner and ate tiny bites you should be ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. DJ CoolAid1/19/2010

    dont be to hard on yourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freudian Blurp1/19/2010

    Falling off the wagon is allowed on a friday night you got two months

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane Ashwain1/19/2010

    patience is a virtue

    ReplyDelete
  7. zenMaster MD1/19/2010

    remember positivity goes a long way your in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete