Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project 110 - Day Numero Uno


Date: 1/14/10
Weight: 120 lbs
Goal: 110 lbs
Mood: Tepid



Dumper, I had 3/4 of a sopressata sandwich made with love by husband. Yes, I know I broke the carbohydrate after dark rule, but I was planning to meet up with my girlfriends at a pub crawl in the Mission District in a couple hours. I couldn't show up with a bunch of red shrub in my stomach. An amateur move like that would have me throwing up with miss porcelain in a public bar. Gross. Instead, I needed some sustenance to sop up the Manhattan I was planning on having.

Obviously, it'll take some getting used to like the time I swore off meat for a month and the first day I made a potato leek soup. "I can't wait to eat this soup, it'll be so good." I was determined to see this through.
"I thought we weren't eating meat for a month?" My husband blind to the obvious.
"Um, yeh," I stammered.
"Then what is that?" He pointed to the lardons of pancetta I had frying in the pan.
"Crap." It was a dry start to the no meat mission. Did I go for a month without meat? Why no. It was a half brain idea to start off. I was bored at the time the idea was hatched.

My sweet Hunter was spun on something sweet, he ran the house amuck. Unsure if he had access to a stash of complex carbohydrates i.e. candy in the storage unit of his tricycle. I found a half eaten rotten banana once as well as witnessed him pouring fresh squeezed orange juice in that tricycle storage unit. Needless to say, my little toddler was revved up and needed that sugar demon to be exercised from his little body pronto. By the time, he gave in to sleep, it was ten thirty and my son cashed me out. I was pooped!

I never made it out to the pub crawl. Worse, I've been resting my muscles for two whole days. That sandwich was sitting in my belly waiting to be outsourced! To think I talked a big talk, my first downtrod yet. It’s only been a day, foil! The road to losing this measly ten pounds (feels like a hundred pounds), is a short one. I shall prevail. I can do this. I've plans for dinner with girlfriends. Remember small sips of champagne. Do not finish everything on the plate. Wish me luck, wish me strength!

Breakfast:
-cup of coffee (brown sugar / half and half)
-vegetable fruit juice (kale/blueberries/pear/carrots/celery) Sounds grosser than it tastes
-organic handmade fresh tortilla(90 calories / 10 from fat)
-hard boiled egg (boring)

Snack
-engrossed in work, lost track of snack break

Lunch (with Vanessa at Yank Sing):
-Pork Siu Mai (Eeeek)
-Shrimp Dumpling (Shriek)
-Miso Halibut (Yum)
-Shanghai Dumplings (Fuuuuuuck)

Snack
-Walnut Date Bar – 160 calories / 60 from calories from fat. Shit on a shingle, not good!


Dinner:
-Radicchio Salad
-1/2 head of radicchio
-1 T Olive Oil
-1/2 t champagne vinegar
-1 T chevre goat cheese
-3/4 of a sopressata sandwich on whole wheat (hell on a spit)



This is Shellie, "trying hard not to polish off this bottle of bubbly" back to you Bob at the studio!

6 comments:

  1. Austin Star1/16/2010

    don't be so hard on yourself ----you can do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karl Reed1/16/2010

    I want sum dim sum yum yum in my tum tum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill Literal1/16/2010

    120 pounds isn't heavy I think it's perfect don't change a thing. You're a very beautiful person and funny funny funny you crack me up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ferocious D1/16/2010

    the carb thang is tough. your husband shouldnt have given you a sandwich what was he thinking maybe you shouldnt have eaten the whole thing. Alcohol involved, always makes for a messy scene

    ReplyDelete
  5. oui oui1/16/2010

    practice makes perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane Ashwain1/16/2010

    What the heck is a radicchio? Is it delicious?

    ReplyDelete