Monday, January 18, 2010

Project 110 - Numero Cinco
Stagnant




Date: 1/18/10
Days Left: 58
Weight: 120.0 lbs
Goal: 110 lbs
Loss: Not a Damn
Mood: Persistent

Monday. Drab. As Mother Nature decided to exercise her right to run amuck on the western region, so my kids reciprocated the same onto me. I took the beating like a potato sack, I laid there and took it. I thought perhaps they could bash some calories by jumping like wild rabid monkeys on me, then hell, monkey away!

It's only been a few days and my weight loss is taking it's sweet ass time. I'm not one for instant gratification, but this matter is of a serious nature! I don't like to round off my numbers so 120.0 is closer to 119 right? I'm .01 away from dropping a whole pound. I'm crossing my fingers that the next few days proves correct.

The white chocolate chip cookies that Shane baked yesterday, dozens upon dozens of perfectly piled on the kitchen counter, I white knuckled it's taunting existence. I know, I know, moderation and never deprive oneself of anything. Believe me, I could finish the pile in ten seconds flat, given a glass of ice cold whole milk. First thing was first, my vegetable blend juice, with hovering wild monkeys in the room, made it difficult to make. The green vegetable juice left me unsatisfied, I whisked up eggs and added kale, red bell peppers, and onions to the scramble. I was going stir crazy, which meant I wasn't eating enough. Clearly, this project wasn't a point to starve myself. I really needed to make it a point to keep a food journal to make sure I was getting enough calories.

In my recent weight loss, my only success has been the tracking of calories and calories from fat meanwhile incorporating cardio. At my age, which I won't disclose, my metabolism is at the quick pace of a turtle. As my twenties, I could venture on the lifestle of oblivious. After the bars closed down at two o'clock, indulge in my black out buffet, polishing off a super carne asada burrito was the normal. If I'm not mistaken one of those burritos entailed 2,500 calories, if not more. I had a ten pound baby consisting of of beans, tortilla, rice, a mound of sour cream, and guacamole hibernating in my belly as I slept the night away. The days of running calorie buck wild have become merely yesterday's legend.

Some resort to half a grape per meal. Some live on a treadmill and is exclusively carniverous. Some spend it in the bathroom with their finger and throat. Meanwhile, some will never know the hardship as they were born with a hard body. Me, I'm neither of these, my genetic code isn't resilient enough. I'm the nerd, if not careful, could overdose on a wheel of french triple creme and a nice warm walnut loaf from Tartine Bakery. I'm Veruca Salt, demanding that goose that lay the golden egg. Now Daddy now! I must have that goose!



A bland and boring morning snack of organic carrot and half a cup of lowfat cottage cheese (100 calories 20 from fat) and blackberries. For lunch, 3 ounce mahi mahi simply baked for ten minutes at 350 degrees, perfectly moist, lay on a bed of roasted fennel and leeks free of butter. Sniffle. Afternoon snack, a vegetable blend juice for snack with a handful of berries. Dinner, served at six thirty along with the other elderly folks, a mixed green salad tossed with red bell pepper, asparagus, artichokes, and 3 ounce roasted chicken breast. Can my meals get any more boring than this?

This is Shellie “short and sweet” back to you Bob at the studio!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/22/2010

    Patience young Jedi knight, in good time, in good time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie G1/22/2010

    You just started, be kind to yourself Veruca Salt! Triple cream cheese is seductive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Wade1/22/2010

    Your losing don't worry you will see

    ReplyDelete
  4. oui oui1/22/2010

    you do love kale and your greens. Maybe you should find other alternatives before you get bored and fall off the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1/22/2010

    out of sight out of mind keep the cookies in a cubbard

    ReplyDelete
  6. zenMaster MD1/22/2010

    I love triple cream to it's not fair. People that can eat whatever they want are lucky. The toothpicks that that theyre fat kill me

    ReplyDelete
  7. juxtaposition1/22/2010

    love is free

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1/22/2010

    love is free come and get you some

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fat to PHAT1/22/2010

    walking helped me with my loss try it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs1/22/2010

    def not boring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1/27/2010

    Where are you? What happened? Is the project still a project?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope R1/27/2010

    Hello earth to Project 110, come in 110?

    ReplyDelete